Eleven multi-legged robots, such as 4-legged, 5-legged and 6-legged robot joined the race. All multi-legged robots were custum-built robots.
New robots such as Garutan by Kumama-san, Mushi-gata Robot by Takahashi-san, Gonbei by Sato-san and Jaaga by Igga-san joined the 2nd competition. Robots joined the 1st race, such as Isoko Rescue, YASHIGANI, Metalic-Bio, Kanikan, Yabusame, BLACK TIGER L45 and Tic-Tac, also have evolved from the 1st race robots in the structure and motion. Each Profile of multi-legged robot joined was as follows;
BLACK TIGER L45, Anoumalous 5-Legged Robot by IKETOMU.
Garutan, 4-Legged Robot by Kumama and Kupapa-san, which can move with 6 servos.
Gonbei, 5-Legged Robot by Sato-san.
Isoko Rescue, 4-Legged Robot by Kenmotsu-san, which was changed from 6-legged robot and made legs long.
Jaaga, 4-Legged Robot by Igaa-san, which has additional 2 servos for getting up motion. He named the 4-legged robot after jaguar.
Kanikan, 6-Legged Robot by Kamiya-san, which evolved in the leg structure and motions.
Metalic-Bio, 6-Legged Robot by Morinaga-san.
Mushi-gata Robot, 4-Legged Robot by Takahasi-san.
Tic-Tac2, 6-Legged Robot by Amino-san, which moves just 6 servos.
Yabusame, 4-Legged Robot by mota-san.
YASHIGANI, 6-Legged Robot by Azusa-san, which attaches camera system using KCB-3WL, a wireless LAN board for hobby robot from KONDO.
Regulations of the Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race which was reviced on 21 Dec, 2010 were as follows.
1. Robot body regulation
1) KONDO servos have to be used.
2) There is no limitation of number of axes.
3) Weight of Robot is 3 kg or under.
4) Robot body size (arms are folding) are height 30 cm, width 30cm and depth 30 cm or under.
5) Moving by wheels is prohibited.
6) Control board is free.
7) Robot has to be controled by wireless or autonomus. Wired control is prohibited.
2. Course regulation
1) Obstacles are set in the KONDO CUP KHR Class Soccer Field.
2) The most narrow width of the course is 400 mm and the lowest height of the course is 400 mm.
3) Material of the floor depends on each obstacle.
3. Competition regulation
1) Just one robot walks the course.
2) Time from the start point to goal is recorded. The shotest time robot is winner.
3) Each robot can challenge the course twice.
4) Robot has to reach the goal within 3 mins and the time over robot is retired.
5) Robot gone out of the course gets penalty time 10 seconds and one penalty point. Penalty time adds to the record of 3 minutes. Robot can restart the entrance of uncleared obstraction. There are no limitation of restart times. Every restart adds 10 sec penalty time and one penalty point.
6) At the 2nd attraction, Magic Wall, robot push out the moving wall has a penalty time 10 seconds and one penalty point. The magic wall push out is not returned to the obstraction place.
7) Robot can get points by pushing the button in each point getting place, where a point button set. Getting points are depended on the button set place.
KONDO LAND Attraction Guide
Various kinds of 6 obstacles set in the race course are as follows;
The 1st attraction : `Gattan` Seesaw
A big seesaw, which size are 500 mm in width and 700 mm in length with an inclination of 15 degrees. A point getting push button for one point is set. The steep slope is not easy for every robot. It is important for robot not to slip feet.
Degree of Difficulty：★☆☆☆☆
The 2nd attraction: Magic Wall
A road, which size are 600 mm width and 1,000 mm in length with 2 pushing robots. Magic Walll is hard for light weight robots. Robot needs weight and power for push out the Wall.
Degree of Difficulty：★★☆☆☆
The 3rd Attraction: Mootan House
A big tunnel, which size are 1,200 mm width and 1,200 mm length with a pitfall (400 x 400 mm). Two push buttons for one point are set in the House. Ten point button is set out of the House. One push gets one point and ten times push get 10 points, however 11 times push makes point zero. Robots fallen into the trap, cannot return the race course. Controler can not see his robot in the Mootan House from controling space. Controler can move by the advice of his assistant. Robot can be attached wireless camera and be controled through image on PC.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★☆☆
The 4th attraction: Wobbly Bridge
A Board Bridge, which size are 400 mm width and 700 mm length, revolves on an axis. If robots walk the edge of bridge, robots fall down from the bridge. Robots have to walk slowly in the center of board. Robot needs to have a low gravity. Ten points button is also set beyond the bridge and one point button is set in the slope to the Reverse Street.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★☆
The 5th attraction: Swirling Straits
Robot fallen down from the pitfall of Mootan House, has to pass through the most difficult Swirling Straits. Space of 900 mm width and 1,000 mm length, filled with sponge balls is too hard to walk. Robots need to have long legs.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
The 6th attraction: Reverse Street
Belt conveyor street of 500 mm width and 700 mm is moving reverse direction. Robot has to walk with high speed. The converyor is too narrow to walk for big robots.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
The 2nd KONDO LAND Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race Results
The time record race carried out twice. All robots had the best record in the 2nd race. The 1st place was Tic-Tac2 which cleared the obstracle course for the first time with 2 minutes and 2 seconds. The 2nd place was Metalic-Bio and the 3rd palce was Isoko Rescue. The MVP was Metalic-Bio. The special prize was Garutan because of getting 16 points in the point getting race. The result was described here. The best race video of each robot was uploaded to YouTube IKETOMU Channel.
The 3rd Place, Isoko Rescue, 4-Legged Robot by Kenmotsu-san, which was changed from 6-legged robot and made legs long.
The 2nd Place and the MVP, Metalic-Bio, 6-Legged Robot by Morinaga-san.
The 1st place, Tic-Tac2, 6-Legged Robot by Amino-san, which moves just 6 servos. Tic-Tac2 cleared the obstacle course for the first time within 3 minutes (2 minutes and 2 seconds).
Addtionnal race, point getting race within 5 minutes was also carrid out. Because almost robots did not try to get point in the twice time record race. Jaaga, Garutan, Tic-Tac2, Metalic-Bio and YASHIGANI could get points. Garutan got 16 points and got special prize.
BLACK TIGER L45 also could get 10 points in the point getting race as follows;
In the 2nd KONDO Land Obstacle Race, just Mushi-gata Robot could clear the Wobbly Bridge during the point getting race within 5 mins.
Details of the competition were described Sanzai-san`s blog (1) , (2) , (3) (in Japanese). Promotion of the 1st KONDO LAND competition and the 1st KONDO LAND competition were described in this blog.
Last count 10246